EPFL Head of Cabinet Jair Bertoni participated at the Super League Greece Conference on Youth Development and Academies
The EPFL participated to a Conference on Youth Development and Academies organised by the Super League Greece, on Sunday 12 May, on the occasion of the U17 Super League Greece Final Four with the participation of PAOK, Skoda Xhanti, Olympiacos and Panathinaikos.
Under the framework of the “FootbALL About” cycle of conference, the event was mainly focused on the development, organisation and management of football academies and their infrastructures, the education of young players as well as couching and scouting activities.
On the occasion, a selected group of national and international experts discussed about the importance of this critical area to ensure the positive future development of football and the quality and excitement of professional competitions by bringing new football stars on the pitch. In time of financial crisis, youth development represents an important vehicle to ensure cost control and avoid overspending of money and an ideal solution to the difficulty of many clubs to spend on transfers of players, in line with new Financial Fair Play regulations.
During its intervention, the EPFL, represented on the occasion by its Head of Cabinet Jair Bertoni, gave an overview about the development and promotion of young players in European Football as well as the protection of training clubs and the organisation of youth competitions at the national level, while stressing the importance which leagues should play to coordinate and reach common objectives to improve the quality of players playing in their competitions.
At the end of the meeting, Theodoros Laios, Director of Competition of the Super League Greece stated: “Today’s seminar was the latest of a series of initiatives of the Super League for the development and modernization of Greek football and represented an outstanding opportunity to reflect on the importance of academies and young players who represent our present and our future”.
Speakers at the seminar were the following:
- Jair Bertoni, Head of Cabinet at the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL),
- Giannis Papadimitriou, Technical Director at FC SKODA Xanthi,
- Theodore Laios, Sports Director at the Super League Greece,
- Frederic Lipka, Consultant at the FFF and the MLS on Academies,
- Pericles Kaloyiannis, Academies FC SKODA Xanthi,
- Theodoros Eleftheriadis, Federal National Coach U15 (HFF),
- Bernd Storck, Head of Football Academy at FC Olympiakos SFP,
- Juan Ramon Rocha, at Coordinator & Implementation Program of the Academies at FC Panathinaikos AO,
- Dimitris Daniilidis, Member of the Technical Staff of the Academies at FC PAOK.